The Centre of Athens Labor Unions (EKA) is a regional Trade Union Organization. Its membership consists of Sectorial and Corporate Labor Unions.
The aims of EKA are:
- To merge and consolidate the labor unions in the city of Athens and the greater Athens area for the protection and claim of economic, professional, labor, social security, and social interests, along with the development of a collective labor conscience.
- To coordinate, monitor and direct the activities of labor unions, members of EKA, by supporting them towards the upgrading of the workers’ situation in the city, the improvement of their working and living conditions and the safeguarding of full employment.
- To extend and improve the labor legislation and its observance along with the observance of the Constitutional provisions and the International Conventions, for the benefit of workers.
- To contribute to the unity of the Trade Unions Movement in our country, through the development of the spirit of class solidarity among the first degree unions, members of EKA, and the fight against the splintering of the Working Class.
- To cooperate with other second degree trade union organizations and the Greek General Confederation of Labor to protect and strengthen labor and other personal rights and the social freedom, targeting to the elimination of exploitation of man by man.
- To contribute to the efforts for a lasting peace in the world along with the strengthening of friendship among people and especially of the class solidarity.